free hit counter En Route: growth

Thursday, October 19, 2006

growth

Sometimes i reflect upon what i have become. and it makes me wonder, when it will ever be enough. many people fail to relize, even friends who are unknowingly skeptical of myself, that my whole life i have struggled. You see, i was never afforded the life standard of an american family, not even a standard among a devolping country. i am always proud of my accomplishments, and where they have brought me, as greuling as they were. Had i chosen a different path, i may have very well stayed where i was; poor, uneducated, under-appreciated. But instead my tenacity brought my whole family with me, from the rural slums of impovershment, to a small business owning family of self sufficiency. The rest of my family see me as a miracle of anamalous purportions, for nobody else other than me had the drive and motivation; to stop the abuse, put things together, to teach, and collectivly become productive.


Its hard for others to understand the burdens i used to carry, and understand my ego, being as big for having completed them. but these have taught me many valueable lessons in life, and inside i have grown to be a wonderfull person, one with the compassion of a saint. ive grown wiser from these lessons, seeing the unseen, knowning the unknown, but still nobody who truely understands. for despite all that i have become inside, only a few have grown to appreciate it, but most importantly nobody who loves me for it. the few who have, understand that i sacrificed my external beauty for my internal counterpart. but in a society of defiled cosmopolitans, is it better to be avoided, or to be loved?