free hit counter En Route: Bring on the corn!

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Bring on the corn!



Now keep in mind that I have been told before that I'm not adventurous with food. And this may in fact be true, but I would like to think that there is good reasoning behind the food choices that I make. But it’s usually because I can’t handle the food, or in fear for my stomach. But perhaps someday I shall redeem myself by eating something that nobody else would ever think about. And with that being said, Dee once said something along the lines of, "if it walks, we eat it".

So sometimes I think some of the food is particularly strange in Malaysia. But there is one is particular that has me puzzled: corn flavored ice cream. Now there are some other flavors of ice cream that they have here that we don’t get in the US. But most of those I can make sense of. For instance; green tea, mango, durian, those I can understand because that is a particular taste around here.

In the good ‘ol US of A, corn is among one of our staple foods, along with things such as rice, bread, potato’s, beef (sadly). So that’s why I at first found it strange. I don’t think that anyone would lay a hand on beef flavored ice cream ,though I've seen someone (you know who you are) make a meat popsicle, nor would you ever see bread flavored ice cream. Anyhow, Malaysians treat corn more as an expensive desert, and so that explains why as I went through the supermarket, I saw so many corn flavored items.

Anyhow, at 5pm this evening I tried my first corn flavored ice cream cone, and the taste…. Not bad… Am I going to buy it again? I don’t think so.

P.S. albums with the NEW next to them have new pictures inside...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home