free hit counter En Route: a night in cat city

Monday, November 01, 2004

a night in cat city

Well, I had actually planned to write something about Malaysian food, but it seems that all my photos that I took in Kuching were erased. It’s been a string of extreme good and bad luck yesterday, and it seems to be carrying over to today. what had happened is that I was uploading all of my photos onto the computer, and had started uploading them, so I took the time it took to upload, to clear my camera, and read Slashdot when suddenly there was an exception at kernel32.dll caused be IE. This of course meant that I had to restart the computer, and when I came back, all the photos on the hard drive were gone. Seems that the sys-admin had a program that wiped the c: drive whenever the computer restarts (which happens a lot with windows). And didn’t care so save the my documents folder.

Anyhow, yesterday was interesting, being that it was near the US elections, I went to see the Manchurian candidate. Which wasn’t all that good of a movie, but it gave me something to do. Afterwards, I headed to gym, which was regular enough. And went back to my hostel. Afterwards I took a stroll around Kuching, snapping pictures, and I got stopped from a member of the Borneo post. Who was kind enough to give me a 10 minute interview about my time in Kuching. After I had said my peace, I continued down the waterfront, and I had found a wallet belonging to a young Malay girl. Looking around, I had found out that she had since left, so I wrote down the address, and investigated for any information that I could use to call her. But finding none, I simply handed it over to the police, who didn’t seem too interested, and assured me that it would be properly taken care of.

Anyhow, ill wait until I can take some more pictures of food in Malaysia for another time, where ill try to explain the Malaysian fascination with corn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home